Park School is dedicated to creating a community of engaged, challenged and empowered young people, life-long learners and responsible, compassionate citizens of the world.
- As we end out the year, we would like to invite you to a Holiday Open House, this Friday December 6th between 4pm and 8:30pm at the Park School. Please join us if you can and bring some family and friends!
- We have opened our very first Online Auction via BiddingForGood. There are over 100 items available for bid – toys, art, musical instruments and more! The auction will end on December 20th. A great opportunity to buys some great gifts just in time for the holidays – and support the Park School!
- The day after the close of our Online Auction, we will be presenting a Holiday Rock Concert on Saturday, Dec. 21st at The Haven, between 12pm – 4pm. The rock concert will be sponsored by Mountain Cove Music Festival featuring Stone Aielli, Sally Rose Band, DJ Williams, & Dr. Bindu! Tickets are $7 at the door, or $5 when you bring a non-perishable food item for the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank.
- During the Mountain Cove Music Festival, we performed the drawing for the signed Grace Potter guitar. Local Kris Galione was the happy winner – Congratulations Kris!! Donations exceeded $700.00 for this effort. Thank you to all that purchased an entry! Check out pictures taken on our Facebook Mountain Cove Music Festival album.
- The support we received at the Lock’N Festival was AMAZING!! A good time was had by all. Check out some of the pictures taken on the Lock’N Facebook album.
Why Choose Park School?
Park School is a small, nurturing school dedicated to creating a community of engaged, unique and empowered young people in grades 5-12.
Our students are generally of average to above average intelligence and are interested in attending post-secondary education. Our location in central Charlottesville allows us to access the resources and to take advantage of the opportunities for enrichment the downtown area has to offer.
Park School was intentionally designed with the non-traditional learner in mind–children who find traditional public and private school classroom environments to be disincentives for learning. Whether your child is a non-traditional learner, finds it hard to fit in, struggles with emotional issues that do not require intensive monitoring, or simply thrives in an environment that is safe, small in numbers, loving, and flexible, Park School may be a good fit.
The whole world is our classroom. We offer one-on-one and small group instruction; infuse traditional academic content with the arts; and require all students to participate in experiential and service learning.
We will meet your child where she or he is by developing an educational plan that is specific to his or her needs. As each student grows and develops, progress is reviewed and the goals and learning plan are modified.
IRS Tax-ID number #27-0667582